Concern grows over Hollis portion of proposed gas pipeline
During Monday night’s Board of Selectmen meeting, residents flooded the community room at Town Hall, where officials shared the latest information on the project, also known as the Northeast Expansion Project.
“The information wasn’t very forthcoming,” Board Chairman Mark Le Doux said Monday.
In the letter, dated March 14, Fore said he “anticipated that the company would be able to located a significant portion of the pipeline adjacent, or generally parallel, to the existing pipeline and electric utility corridors” though noted landowners along the proposed project route were being contacted.
Ciandella, who attended Monday night’s meeting, reminded citizens and town officials to be vocal and vigilant in the days to come.
Drew Kellner, president of the Beaver Brook Association’s board of trustees, said the group had been approached by Pipeline officials and after careful review, voted against signing a survey provision.
Lawrence Lane resident Edward Piek, who has worked in civil engineering for many years, said he also had serious reservations about the project.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride