Spring a busy time on the Londonderry Rail Trail
Over the past several weekends groups of volunteers were hard at working clearing brush from the walkway and this past Saturday they posted a new sign at the trailhead, located in the North Elementary School parking lot off Sanborn Road.
An early snowfall followed by a harsh winter put a temporary halt on much of the trail’s usage shortly after the first mile was opened, Trailways president Bob Saur said.
Trail usage will also be celebrated on Saturday, May 3, when Trailways hosts a public celebration for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages. The festivities will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the school parking lot and will include food and live music.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Down to Earth: The best parts of this NH summer - 0
- Revised plans for Salem High School renovation satisfy board - 0
- Neighbor blames school renovations for home flooding - 0
- Swing band to perform Sunday at Manchester bandstand - 0
- Open Doors Manchester offers look at city's art, culture - 0
- Four NH state parks celebrate 50th anniversary - 0
- Deerfield Heritage Commission offers glimpse into town's storied history - 0
- Derry cyclist makes cause a family affair - 0
- Hearing continues on Salem senior living facility - 0
Acres of summer color, without irrigation
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back