A warm, official welcome for New Hampshire's 237th
Spc. Josiah Smith of Manchester holds his 11-month-old son, William, who was born while he was deployed with the 237th Military Police Company in Afghanistan from April 16, 2013 to Jan. 3, 2014. (Bruce Preston / Union Leader)
"Soldiers are pretty humble. A lot of times they'll say they don't want the recognition or that's not the important part of it," said Capt. Sam Weber of Dover, commanding officer for the 237th. "It is a pretty good feeling seeing your congressional delegates up there saying some good things and kind words honoring what you have done. It does make a difference."
"We definitely couldn't do it without the support we get. It means the world to us," Spc. Roy Brigham of Worcester, Mass., said.
"Their schedules are so busy, for all five of them to show up and actually be here for this, it was pretty nice to see them," Griffin said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Diocese of Manchester's journey of faith - 0
- Christ Church in Exeter gets grant for Cuba work - 0
- Parishioners mourn death of longtime priest at St. Hedwig in Manchester - 0
- All Saints' Episcopal picks a new rector - 0
- New rabbi joins Temple Israel of Portsmouth - 0
- Granite Staters set sights on Quebec pilgrimage - 0
- Pope begs forgiveness for 'sacrilegious cult' of Church sex abuse - 0
- Sudan releases Ibrahim, but insists she stay there - 0
- Emergency preparedness class offered for churches - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride