Home » News » Public Safety
Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown
Deputy Fire Chief Paul St. Germain said emergency officials responded to 13 Allenstown Road at 7:25 a.m. Saturday and treated the injured boy before he was taken to Boston.
The boy and three of his friends were on the property without permission, said St. Germain, who explained the accident happened at the base of the quarry in an area with loose granite and other rock.
Authorities did not identify the boys.
"This appears to be an unfortunate accident," he said. "What we do know is the boys shouldn't have been there, but they were apparently playing when he fell and was seriously injured."
St. Germain said police are investigating the incident.
— Ryan O'Connor, Union Leader correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
- Agency missteps leave motorists in dark on air-bag defects - 0
- Manchester fire victim was Army vet who had recently moved to city - 0
- Man who died in Manchester blaze identified as Vietnam War-era veteran; cigarette was fire cause - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Tournament: Bedford, Exeter on Div. I collision course - 0
- Rollinsford's Hill has goals in mind - 0
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 2
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 0
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 17
KSC student facing charges related to riot
2nd CD post-debate 'spin room': Garcia 'shocked' at how many times Kuster interrupted her
Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens
Lyndeborough's new Christmas tree destroyed
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw