Home » News » Public Safety
Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown
Deputy Fire Chief Paul St. Germain said emergency officials responded to 13 Allenstown Road at 7:25 a.m. Saturday and treated the injured boy before he was taken to Boston.
The boy and three of his friends were on the property without permission, said St. Germain, who explained the accident happened at the base of the quarry in an area with loose granite and other rock.
Authorities did not identify the boys.
"This appears to be an unfortunate accident," he said. "What we do know is the boys shouldn't have been there, but they were apparently playing when he fell and was seriously injured."
St. Germain said police are investigating the incident.
— Ryan O'Connor, Union Leader correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
- Driver loses control, crashes into four vehicles at Hudson auto body shop - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose