Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Keene activist charged with attempting to obtain multiple IDs
Ian Freeman, formerly Ian Bernard, was arrested and taken into custody Friday by New Hampshire State Police on misdemeanor charges of unsworn falsification and prohibition.
"It seems awfully petty," Freeman said.
The founder of the website freekeene.com, Freeman writes a blog for the site and also hosts a radio program. He is a prominent figure in Keene's liberty activists.
The complaints filed by the state do not say he held different identifications at the same time. The state said Freeman did apply for his driver's license and a non-driver ID knowingly using a false name.
He said the local DMV was aware he already had a license and denied his application. Out of "curiosity," he applied for the same ID in Nashua because he wanted to see if DMV workers that did not already know him would also deny his request.
Freeman, 33, was released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail. He is scheduled for arraignment May 14 in the 8th Circuit Court, Keene District.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483