Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says
“We keep hearing from opponents of the casino bills that casinos would change the character of New Hampshire, but it’s just not true,” he said. “People talk about it like we would change to be like Las Vegas or Atlantic City, but a more accurate comparison would be what’s happened in Oxford (Maine) or at places like Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.”
“Maine, Connecticut, now Massachusetts are offering it, and they’re trying to draw our visitors there,” he said of casino gambling.
“We have a 24-year track record of success, and it would be a natural addition to what we do here,” Gappens said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 36
- Drone legislation again to get NH House attention - 0
- Funding to Planned Parenthood jumps three-fold in two years - 2
- State GOP chairman Horn will seek another term - 0
- O'Brien backers will lead committees for new Speaker - 2
- Jasper taps Douglas as House counsel - 0
- Lakeview Center report to be released Dec. 15 - 0
- Court sides with state on retirement contributions - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 0
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 0
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly