Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says
“We keep hearing from opponents of the casino bills that casinos would change the character of New Hampshire, but it’s just not true,” he said. “People talk about it like we would change to be like Las Vegas or Atlantic City, but a more accurate comparison would be what’s happened in Oxford (Maine) or at places like Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.”
“Maine, Connecticut, now Massachusetts are offering it, and they’re trying to draw our visitors there,” he said of casino gambling.
“We have a 24-year track record of success, and it would be a natural addition to what we do here,” Gappens said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads