'Naked and Afraid' star enjoying life back in NH
And Belmont's Laura Zerra, one of the show's stars, understands that. The road to television stardom was an odd one for the Massachusetts native who made Belmont her home four years ago.
But in reality, Zerra, 28, was a perfect fit for the show, which limits the nudity of its contestants with blurring technology.
"I knew where I wanted to go with my life, with survival training, and in school I tried to think of it in an academic way," she said.
When they found her, she was doing what she is still doing, holding down several jobs. She is a taxidermist, a farrier of horses, and a butcher. She cuts meat on a part-time basis at the Baker River Deer Farm in Wentworth.
"It can be amazing, you're doing everything, even starting fires with two pieces of wood," she said.
But the bad times during the show are "horrible," Zerra said. In her survivalist studies, she is at least able to wear clothes.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.