Next 'Destination' for New Hampton students? Tennessee
New Hampton Elementary School students, from left, Mika Austin, Jazmin Ivers, Sydnee Hahn, Rilyeana Barney and Noah Eckert on the rehearsal set of their Destination Imagination project. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
But she wasn't sad.
The team took first place in the state Destination Imagination tournament last month, winning in the Laugh Art Loud, Elementary Level category. More than 100 teams from schools in the state competed at the tournament in Nashua on March 29.
The New Hampton students developed their own play about a person who steals a prized fish, only to be caught and put in jail while the fish detectives return the fish to its owner.
"Do you know how hard it is to make a triangular frame?" he asked adults present at the rehearsal.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Tough task for NH budget writers - 16
- A kinder, gentler House Speaker? - 19
- State's treasury chief will seek a full term from Legislature - 0
- GOP gives nod to Bill O'Brien's return as House speaker - 48
- Advocates want more money from liquor sales to treat addiction - 0
- GOP and Democrats each pick up a seat in recounts - 0
- Bedford’s Sanborn drops out of NH House Speaker race - 0
- Merrill replaces Flanders as NH Senate Chief of Staff - 0
- Gov. Hassan wants a 'thoughtful, careful' budget - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 5
- Bradford man killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection