Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
20 injured in stabbing attack at Pennsylvania high school
The suspected attacker, a student at the school, was in police custody, Dan Stevens, deputy emergency management coordinator for the Westmoreland County, told reporters.
The attacks took place in several classrooms and hallways as the school day commenced at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, 20 miles east of Pittsburgh, county emergency management officials said. The first 911 call was received at 7:13 a.m. EDT, they said.
Seven teenagers and one adult were admitted at the Forbes Regional Hospital, the hospital's director of trauma, Chris Kauffman, told reporters.
"These are significant injuries," Kauffman said, noting that two patients were undergoing surgery and a third was headed to the operating room.
"It's important that parents realize the scene is contained, the students that are here are safe," Stevens told reporters.
It wasn't clear how many students were stabbed and how many injured while scrambling to get away from the attacker.
The school district posted an emergency message on its website on Wednesday.
"A critical incident has occurred at the high school," the message said. "All elementary schools are canceled, the middle school and high school students are secure."
A long line of school buses was observed outside the school on Wednesday morning to take students to another elementary school nearby to be reunited with their families.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483