Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
State police clock motorcyclist at 145 mph on Route 101 in Candia
Police say Jakob Bastian, 24, tried to outrun the trooper Wednesday morning on Route 101 reaching a speed of 145 mph as he traveled east on the highway, according to state police.
The incident began just before 8:30 a.m. Wednesday when the state police Special Enforcement Unit was running radar in conjunction with the state police airplane on Route 101 east in Candia.
State police said the aircraft clocked the motorcycle traveling east at 92 mph in the posted 65 mph zone. Troopers tried to stop the motorcycle, but the rider allegedly sped off, eventually using an emergency crossover to change direction.
As the motorcyclist headed west on Route 101, the troopers in the airplane above kept the motorcycle in sight, clocking it as it hit a speed of 145 mph and passed other motorists, according to state police.
Troopers did not pursue the motorcycle since the aircraft was able to track it as it exited the highway at Exit 3 and traveled through Candia on Route 43 and eventually onto Route 107 in Deerfield.
Police said the rider pulled into the private driveway, in an attempt to conceal himself from the troopers. Trooper First Class Charles George, in the airplane, was able to direct troopers on the ground to the motorcycle's location, state police said.
Bastian was arrested without incident. He is free on $2,500 bail with a May 14 arraignment set in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- 3 men arrested for burglarizing car dealer - 0
- Alleged lip-biter faces more charges - 0
- Child left unattended while trio overdosed on heroin - 0
- Compounding company officials charged with murder - 0
- 'Resilient' teen has a long road to recovery - 0
- Kibby indictments detail months of depraved sexual violence and torture - 0
- Treasurer arraigned in theft from wool growers - 0
- Pet store burglary arrest leads to robbery charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483