Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
State police clock motorcyclist at 145 mph on Route 101 in Candia
Police say Jakob Bastian, 24, tried to outrun the trooper Wednesday morning on Route 101 reaching a speed of 145 mph as he traveled east on the highway, according to state police.
The incident began just before 8:30 a.m. Wednesday when the state police Special Enforcement Unit was running radar in conjunction with the state police airplane on Route 101 east in Candia.
State police said the aircraft clocked the motorcycle traveling east at 92 mph in the posted 65 mph zone. Troopers tried to stop the motorcycle, but the rider allegedly sped off, eventually using an emergency crossover to change direction.
As the motorcyclist headed west on Route 101, the troopers in the airplane above kept the motorcycle in sight, clocking it as it hit a speed of 145 mph and passed other motorists, according to state police.
Troopers did not pursue the motorcycle since the aircraft was able to track it as it exited the highway at Exit 3 and traveled through Candia on Route 43 and eventually onto Route 107 in Deerfield.
Police said the rider pulled into the private driveway, in an attempt to conceal himself from the troopers. Trooper First Class Charles George, in the airplane, was able to direct troopers on the ground to the motorcycle's location, state police said.
Bastian was arrested without incident. He is free on $2,500 bail with a May 14 arraignment set in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 1
- Man extradited from Texas on July report of sexual assault on juvenile in Nashua - 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 1
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 7
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 1
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Hot deals, warm shoppers
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483