Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate death of man in Belmont
BELMONT – Police are investigating the death of a local man who died late Friday night at Lakes Region General Hospital, though it could be weeks before they know if any foul play was involved.
Camren J. Ess, 23, of 7 Northbrook Road, died Friday night, according to Lt. Richard Mann, after he was found on the floor of his home by emergency rescue crews at approximately 4:45 a.m. Friday.
When they arrived, responders found someone at the home performing CPR on Ess. The first responders took over CPR and Ess was taken to the Laconia hospital.
Police “maintained presence” at the home for several hours Friday while detectives conducted interviews and gathered information necessary in an effort to determine if any criminal activity was involved, Mann said.
An investigation is routine in such cases, he said.
“After the medical teams removed him for treatment, we made the decision to seek a search warrant,” Mann said.
Warrants were obtained and a search took place at the home Friday evening, he said.
“It’s different when you find a 23-year-old who needs CPR versus an elderly person on hospice; this is unusual,” he said.
Mann said he could not comment on whether the death was drug related, though the town has had an increase in drug-related deaths among young people in the past several months.
There will be no autopsy, he said. “The state medical examiner has been given the details from the hospital about (Ess) and they will make an evaluation of his death based on that,” Mann said.
The investigation could take 8 to 12 weeks, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket