Home » News » Public Safety
Concord man's head impaled by stick in snowmobile crash
Joshua Carlson, 34, of Concord, was riding off the trail when he apparently lost his place on the machine, fell off, and hit a tree.
Carlson's head was impaled by a stick, but he was able to ride to a camp on Stevens Hill Road in Pittsburg, where an ambulance crew was summoned to take him to Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook. He was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
The Fish and Game officers said the cause of the accident was a combination of environmental factors and carelessness.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene boy hit by truck remains hospitalized - 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth Herald sports editor accused of possessing child porn - 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 0
- Some sex assault charges dismissed against former Nashua coach - 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 6
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 3
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 2
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism