Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Londonderry police standoff ends in arrest
Police were summoned to the local residence shortly before 11:30 p.m. Thursday evening after a resident called requesting police presence, noting that his daughter's boyfriend was out of control.
The suspect, identified by police as William Silva, 44, was allegedly brandishing a hatchet and knife and threatening to kill other members of the household.
Police Detective Christopher Olson said Silva had been involved in another physical altercation in Manchester earlier Thursday and upon returning to Londonderry, had barricaded himself in one of the bedrooms.
Police evacuated the home as they began attempts to negotiate with Silva, establishing an outer perimeter as well as a presence inside the home as they awaited the Special Operations Unit team.
Several hours later, police discovered Silva hiding in the house: he was arrested shortly after 4 a.m. following a brief confrontation.
"We later determined that Silva was, in fact, armed with a hatchet and knives," Olson said Friday afternoon.
Silva is being held on $50,000 cash bail after being charged with three counts of criminal threatening, resisting arrest and felon in possession of a deadly weapon.
He will appear in the Derry Circuit Court on April 14 at 10 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lancaster man facing more charges in death of neighbor - 0
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- K9 team heads to Pennsylvania to assist in accused cop-killer search - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief indicted on theft charge - 0
- Couple facing charges for 2 Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483