Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police say Derry man paid underage girls for sex
Raymond Black, 60, of 110 Chases Grove Road, turned himself in to police and was arrested Thursday after being notified of a warrant, according to a news release.
Black is charged with: one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault, a class A felony; one count of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault, a class B felony; one count of felonious sexual assault, a class B felony; and four counts of prostitution, a class B felony; and one count of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, according to police.
The charges are the result of an investigation that began in October 2013. Derry Police received reports alleging underage youths had been using drugs and alcohol at Black's residence, police said.
It was also alleged that Black had solicited underage girls to perform sexual acts with him for money. The alleged conduct occurred between the summer and fall of 2013, according to police.
Through an investigation, detectives identified two female victims who are believed to have been sexually assaulted by Black. The alleged victims are 13 years old, live in the area and attend middle schools, police said.
Black was arraigned at the 10th Circuit Court - Derry District on Thursday. Bail was set at $25,000.00 cash and Black was taken to Rockingham County Jail. Black is scheduled to appear before the Derry court on Tuesday, April 8 for a probable cause hearing, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917