Pats Peak fundraiser benefits melanoma research
Bertie Holland, a representative from Peter’s Fund Racer, receives a $5,260 check from Lori Rowell, right, director of marketing at Pats Peak Ski Area as part of the “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” special. (Courtesy)
The “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” campaign donated $5,260 to “Peter’s Fund Racer” to support melanoma research. SPF lip balm, to protect lips from the sun’s harmful rays, was handed out during the fundraiser.
“The end of the season is a great time for our skiers and riders to get a deal on midweek lift ticket prices,” said Kris Blomack, Pats Peak general manager. “Our snowsports director is a huge supporter of this event and we are happy to be able to continue to contribute to the cause during our March specials.”
Malignant melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer.
Peter’s Fund Racer is named in honor of Peter M. Newton. Melanoma claimed Newton’s life at the age of 46 on May 23, 1999.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track - 0
- Stork Project labor of love for Hollis woman - 0
- More flights at Manchester airport - 0
- Platinum Selling Rockers TRAPT Set To Release 'The Acoustic Collection' Sept. 23rd - 0
- Eight environments to explore this Fall by foot - 0
- Friends of Stark Park in Manchester honored for preservation work - 0
- Londonderry police and firefighters rise to fundraising challenge - 0
- ‘When to call 911,’ a topic of Nashua Seniors Count workshop - 0
- Bedford scientist a laser pioneer - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Riding the indoor surfing wave
Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
More flights at Manchester airport
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Stork Project labor of love for Hollis woman
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
'Chicken' arrested at Londonderry parade