Pats Peak fundraiser benefits melanoma research
HENNIKER — Pats Peak Ski Area helped raise money for melanoma research during its March online special, which benefited several charity organizations.
The “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” campaign donated $5,260 to “Peter’s Fund Racer” to support melanoma research. SPF lip balm, to protect lips from the sun’s harmful rays, was handed out during the fundraiser.
Money was raised from $25 March online specials with Pats Peak donating $10 from each ticket sale to charity organizations.
“The end of the season is a great time for our skiers and riders to get a deal on midweek lift ticket prices,” said Kris Blomack, Pats Peak general manager. “Our snowsports director is a huge supporter of this event and we are happy to be able to continue to contribute to the cause during our March specials.”
The primary focus of Peter’s Fund Racer is to raise money for melanoma research and patient care.
Malignant melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer.
Peter’s Fund Racer is named in honor of Peter M. Newton. Melanoma claimed Newton’s life at the age of 46 on May 23, 1999.
To make a donation or for more information on Peter’s Fund Racer, visit www.petersfundracer.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.