All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Little remained of the 50 Mobile Drive residence following a fire early Wednesday morning. Homeowners Darryl and Leona Dwoske and their dog escaped the blaze after being awakened by their smoke detector. (APRIL GUILMET)

Couple escape fiery Hudson home

HUDSON - A smoke detector sounded in the middle of the night, giving a Mobile Drive couple time to grab their dog and get out the back door of their burning home, according to a fire official.

Hudson Fire Capt. Steve Gannon said when firefighters first arrived on scene, after the fire was called in at 2:18 a.m., the 50 Mobile Drive home was "stem to stern on fire."

Investigators believe the blaze was accidental and caused by a malfunctioning heating unit. Gannon said the mobile home is a total loss and estimated damage at $50,000, including contents.

The owners, Darryl and Leona Dwoske, will be staying at an area hotel and with family, he said.


28th Annual Chocolate Festival 28th Annual Chocolate Festival
Sunday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Urinetown Urinetown
Friday-Saturday, 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 2 p.m.

7th Annual Oscar Party 7th Annual Oscar Party
Sunday, 7:30 p.m.

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle