Nashua board members renew call for delay of Common Core testing
“This will give us more time to prepare and acquire new technology,” said Ziehm, who added that a delay will also bolster confidence in the tests.
“If you are considering this, I would suggest that you ask for an opinion from an attorney to know what your options are under state law,” said Conrad.
Ziehm went on to question who was running Nashua’s school district.
While the lack of public participation and the loss of local control over school districts has been a key concern among opponents of Common Core and Smarter Balance, several members of the Nashua board focused on the effect the tests would have on students, teachers and the school district.
Other board members expressed similar concerns.
But other members of the board felt concerns about local control were standing in the way of progress the schools might make through the Smarter Balance testing.
“I’m not sure what we are trying to do with this,” said Farrington. “Are we trying to prove to Concord that we have local control?”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG sued over documents in former Rockingham County attorney case - 3
- Town tax rate about to get lower - 0
- Derry Councilors vote to change starting time of meetings: earlier time will be tried for a month - 0
- Police want to know what Goffstown stakeholders think - 0
- Few attend Derry’s meet and greet for new administrator - 0
- Two new tanks would sink nearly obsolete reservoir - 1
- Health costs up for Manchester - 20
- More angst within Nashua Historical Society - 0
- Plan to amend Derry property code subject of hearing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 7
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer