Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man charged in 2001 Auburn murder declared competent to stand trial
Arthur Collins, 45, was found competent by a state psychiatrist to stand trial for the 2001 slaying of George Jodoin, of Auburn. Collins is shown here after his arrest in May 2012. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
In April 2010, Collins was diagnosed with psychological and behavioral abnormalities associated with dysfunction of the brain, according to the defense.
McHugh gave public defenders until July 1 to have their psychiatrist review the state's findings, meet with Collins and then tell the defense whether he agrees with Comiskey's finding.
The judge would hear testimony from Comiskey and the defense's psychiatrist, Dr. Philip Kinsler, and legal arguments before making a decision.
Collins is being held without bail at Rockingham County Jail. He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole if he is convicted of first-degree murder.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 2
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483