Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man charged in 2001 Auburn murder declared competent to stand trial
Arthur Collins, 45, was found competent by a state psychiatrist to stand trial for the 2001 slaying of George Jodoin, of Auburn. Collins is shown here after his arrest in May 2012. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
In April 2010, Collins was diagnosed with psychological and behavioral abnormalities associated with dysfunction of the brain, according to the defense.
McHugh gave public defenders until July 1 to have their psychiatrist review the state's findings, meet with Collins and then tell the defense whether he agrees with Comiskey's finding.
The judge would hear testimony from Comiskey and the defense's psychiatrist, Dr. Philip Kinsler, and legal arguments before making a decision.
Collins is being held without bail at Rockingham County Jail. He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole if he is convicted of first-degree murder.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 10
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 1
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 1
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
- Claremont police investigate false report that locked down school - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483