Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man charged in 2001 Auburn murder declared competent to stand trial
Arthur Collins, 45, was found competent by a state psychiatrist to stand trial for the 2001 slaying of George Jodoin, of Auburn. Collins is shown here after his arrest in May 2012. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
In April 2010, Collins was diagnosed with psychological and behavioral abnormalities associated with dysfunction of the brain, according to the defense.
McHugh gave public defenders until July 1 to have their psychiatrist review the state's findings, meet with Collins and then tell the defense whether he agrees with Comiskey's finding.
The judge would hear testimony from Comiskey and the defense's psychiatrist, Dr. Philip Kinsler, and legal arguments before making a decision.
Collins is being held without bail at Rockingham County Jail. He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole if he is convicted of first-degree murder.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483