Adopted dog's traumatic arrival leads to chase, bill, ticket
"We understand that owners need to be responsible for their dogs, but hadn't even gotten the chance to take custody of the dog at that time," Liane St. Laurent said Tuesday night. "This dog crossed I-95 a couple times. We're lucky no one was killed."
"There's definitely a darker side that most of us aren't told about," Liane St. Laurent said.
"They told us the dog was acting snippy and was very nervous," Liane said. "She was very scared after the long trip."
The St. Laurents said staffers from All Paws stuck around for a little while in hopes of luring Annie back, but eventually had to leave.
Contacted by email on Wednesday, All Paws owner Pepper Stidmon said Andre St. Laurent did not bring the specified adjustable collar — a fact the St. Laurents dispute.
"She was terrified and in flight mode," Stidmon said. "We were in the process of setting up feeding stations and securing a trap when she was caught."
A Maine state trooper contacted the couple to inform them Annie had been spotted in Kittery. Andre said he drove out to meet with the trooper, who issued him a civil citation.
A call made to the Maine State Police on Wednesday wasn't immediately returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants - 2
- Opposition lines up against new Alexandria wind plant proposal - 1
- PSNH's rate request puts it lower than competitors, a reversal from last year - 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
- Commission's decision clears way for pipeline, possible cheaper natural gas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'