NH 'Idol' challenger to sing in show's final 8 tonight
Preston, whose real name is Alex Preston Philbrick, is now one of the top eight contestants in the singing competition.
The public is encouraged to attend at 8 tonight, although the doors will open one hour before the show begins.
The remaining eight contestants will take the stage to perform the songs they originally showed the judges during their auditions last year.
The 20-year-old musician said his shyness won't stop him from pursuing his dream.
During a break from the show in February, Preston performed at his old stomping ground, Souhegan High School, where he encouraged the student body to work hard and never give up on their dreams.
Preston took the time to thank his support network and fans — especially those in New Hampshire.
The bottom three vote-getters will be announced at 9 p.m. Thursday, and one more contestant will be sent home from the competition.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.