Event will celebrate different eras of Claremont's history from 1914-1944
The Retro Ball is planned to take place at the Common Man Inn and Restaurant on Water Street from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
"We're going to be focusing on the years 1914 to 1944," said Melissa Richmond, a member of the Claremont 250th anniversary Committee. "Guests will be asked to dress from one of those periods, outfits from those eras."
Dinner is planned to be 1920s-themed.
"The salad, for example, is a Waldorf salad, which was popular in that era," Richmond said.
Setting the right historical tone musically will be soprano Angela Biggs, vocalist and pianist John Lovejoy and the band Gerry Grimo and the East Bay Jazz Ensemble.
All proceeds benefit the Claremont 250th Celebration's events throughout 2014.
Only 180 tickets will be sold, Richmond said.
Tickets can be purchased in person at Claremont Spice and Dry Goods, The Claremont Chamber of Commerce and the Claremont Savings Bank Community Center.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.