Home » News » Public Safety
Rain, slick roads make for slow NH commute
Beginning around 3:30 a.m., state police reported snow and freezing rain made for icy roads on I-89, continuing through the morning commute.
Several minor crashes happened on Interstates 89, 95 and 101. One state police cruiser was hit on I-89, near exit 14, where a crash between a tractor-trailer and a car was being investigated by another officer. No one was injured, although the cruiser had minor damage.
Temperatures hovered just above freezing and with falling rain, it made for slick roads. Five hours after state police first reported icing on I-89, traffic was backed up in Windham and Londonderry along I-93.
Both the weather and the commute were to blame, according to a state Department of Transportation Traffic Management Center spokesman in Concord.
There were a "lot of little accidents," she said but nothing major. Highway crews ware out treating the state roads.
Rain is expected to taper off as the day goes on.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads