Girl Scouts start campaign to save Antrim camp
“We need people that will actively help in the fight to save Chenoa,” page founder Katharine Sprague of Dover posted, adding that it is not too late to save the camp, their “home.”
Since she started the page it has gained more than 50 members and nearly 500 likes.
Members are using the page to brainstorm ideas of how to keep the camp open for future Girl Scouts.
Camp Chenoa is the only overnight Girl Scout camp in the state.
Profits from the sale will be invested into properties, including the remaining overnight camp, Camp Farnsworth, in Thetford, Vt..Carrie Green, Council director of girl leadership experience, said Thursday the decision to close Chenoa was a difficult decision, but one that enables the Council to invest in its other properties and to provide programming and improved accommodations to future Girl Scouts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford pizza shop gets a visit from a famous former employee - 0
- It's ice fishing time, and here are some tips to make it great - 0
- Contra dance capital in Nelson - 0
- Seth Meyers visits Bedford pizza shop where he worked as teen - 2
- Nature Talks: Taking a closer look at the red-bellied woodpecker - 0
- Pinkerton Academy students learn audio production from a pro - 0
- 'Interview' buzz spreads to NH - 5
- Lyndeborough official would not give up on tree - 0
- A look back at some favorite wines of the year - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Contra dance capital in Nelson
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive