Senior housing development planned for downtown Keene
The non-profit’s other senior housing developments are perennially full, said Southwestern Community Services Chief Development Officer Keith Thibault.
“This demographic, the Baby Boomers that are just beginning to populate the demographic, it’s like a basketball in a garden hose,” Thibault said. “It’s needed in the area. We’re an experienced developer in Keene, so we’re marching forward to that end.”
The project is expected to total about $5 million and would be funded through three primary sources, a community block grant, New Hampshire Housing grants and federal tax credits a private investor would be able to use over 10 years in exchange for funding to start the project.
“If we are successful we will break ground on this right about this time next year,” Thibault said.
- Roadside directives aren't always as helpful as they should be - 1
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- A Deep South college town carries his name, but NH's general is no local fixture - 2
- After the election is over, the signs remain - 4
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Shelters provide stable places to rebuild lives - 0
- School's out for voters - 3
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Tenants, landlords trumped by persistent bedbugs - 4
- Neighbors want a sound wall for a wall of highway sound - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Library namesake rescued from the vault: Elenora Blood Carpenter gets her rightful placeREADER COMMENTS: 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'