Chili cook-off to benefit Community Caregivers in Londonderry
On Saturday, cooks from around the region will gather at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Londonderry to serve up their finest chili, all for a worthy cause.
Church rector Sarah Rockwell previously served on the Community Caregivers board of directors, while acting board chairman Vinnie Smith is a church member.
These days, Community Caregivers serves nearly 300 clients around the region, with over 400 volunteers providing the bulk of services, including light housekeeping, friendly visits and rides to doctor appointments.
Those who wish to enter their chili in the contest are asked to bring each entry in a large crock-pot. Registration fees are $10 per entry.
In addition to the variety of chili samples, guests will be treated to live music, piñatas for the kids, cornbread, soda and other refreshments.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.