Home » News » Public Safety
Dions: He collected stamps, she quilted
Connie and Bob Dion, the homeowners of 210 Mooresville Road, from the Facebook page of their son, Matt Dion. ((Facebook))
He sold them at the small North Salem post office that he ran for 24 years before retiring in 2003. He collected them, apparently dedicating a room in his split-level home to his collection. And the 70-year-old took part-time jobs and weekend trips, traveling the region to meet and swap stories and stamps with other stamp collectors.
Friends of Dion and his wife, Connie, spoke fondly of the couple on Tuesday, as they wait word of an investigation into an explosion and fire in the couple's Mooresville Road home. Authorities said bodies of an adult man and woman were found in the building Monday.
Connie had her own interests. She quilted, and she proudly displayed her work on Facebook. A family friend noted she would bring quilt pieces to another one of the family's interests — Manchester Monarchs games — and quilt during the game.
At New England-area auctions, stamps usually fetch between $25 and $500, but some have exceeded $10,000, Schofield said. Dion kept his stamps in the ground floor of the Mooresville Road home, Schofield said.
"Everybody who went to the North Salem post office knew Bob," Normand said. "He was a very friendly, happy-go-lucky guy."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 15
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer