Home » News » Public Safety
Dions: He collected stamps, she quilted
Connie and Bob Dion, the homeowners of 210 Mooresville Road, from the Facebook page of their son, Matt Dion. ((Facebook))
He sold them at the small North Salem post office that he ran for 24 years before retiring in 2003. He collected them, apparently dedicating a room in his split-level home to his collection. And the 70-year-old took part-time jobs and weekend trips, traveling the region to meet and swap stories and stamps with other stamp collectors.
Friends of Dion and his wife, Connie, spoke fondly of the couple on Tuesday, as they wait word of an investigation into an explosion and fire in the couple's Mooresville Road home. Authorities said bodies of an adult man and woman were found in the building Monday.
Connie had her own interests. She quilted, and she proudly displayed her work on Facebook. A family friend noted she would bring quilt pieces to another one of the family's interests — Manchester Monarchs games — and quilt during the game.
At New England-area auctions, stamps usually fetch between $25 and $500, but some have exceeded $10,000, Schofield said. Dion kept his stamps in the ground floor of the Mooresville Road home, Schofield said.
"Everybody who went to the North Salem post office knew Bob," Normand said. "He was a very friendly, happy-go-lucky guy."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate