Construction will create tight quarters for Hopkinton fire department
At town meeting, voters approved a request for $2,995,000 to create a second story and add a new bay onto the town’s main fire station in the village of Contoocook.
“We’re moving forward with a 15-year loan that’s actually at a lower interest rate than what we planned,” said O’Brien. “So that’s good.”
Some of the department’s vehicles may have to spend part of the summer outside, and the town is considering finding some temporary office space for Mumford so that administrative work can be done away from the chaos of construction.
But the short-term pain will yield long-term gains, he said, and for a department that’s been working in extremely tight quarters for a long time, those gains are welcome.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry councilor wants to begin budget discussion - 0
- Major development approved in Merrimack - 0
- Weare residents turn out to discuss police department concerns - 1
- Manchester, Uber headed for a collision over taxi regulations? - 18
- Fitch lowers Manchester's bond rating - 0
- Apartments, retail area approved on 150-acre parcel in Merrimack - 0
- Derry residents angered over property neglect by downtown landlords - 0
- Londonderry spending plan includes personnel adjustments - 0
- Plaistow board interviews 3 police chief finalists - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH