Central preschool at heart of new Manchester school redistricting plan
A priority for Mayor Ted Gatsas since he took office four years ago, several redistricting plans have been proposed, only to fall by the wayside in the face of parental opposition and other complexities.
"I went through the dog and pony show in this district, and I have to say it was overwhelming: people did not want K-8," he said. "The dynamics just don't seem to work. I know that a huge concern for parents is having 8th graders hanging out with 1st graders. We have enough problems with bullying and drugs."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too