Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police: Claremont teacher charged in sex assault told 14-year-old he loved her
Police said Christopher LeBlanc, 29, sexually assaulted the girl in a classroom as well as his home and a friend's house.
The affidavit includes several email messages between LeBlanc and the student including, "Just say we talked a lot but just as friends. Say what we have been saying before ... Don't mention sexual stuff."
He complimented her "endlessly" and referred to her as his "rock," the affidavit states. He also confided in her about his pending divorce.
At his arraignment Monday in the 5th Circuit Court District Division in Claremont, LeBlanc entered no plea. His bail was set at $250,000 cash at the request of Sullivan County Attorney Marc Hathaway.
"There's an ongoing investigation that is being conducted by the Claremont Police Department and that is one of the issues we are trying to establish," Hathaway said.
McGoodwin placed LeBlanc on paid administrative leave Wednesday when the allegations were reported to him. McGoodwin also contacted police Wednesday.
In an email to parents McGoodwin wrote: "I want to express my surprise and great disappointment following the arrest of a Stevens High School teacher late Friday afternoon. And though this event was very unsettling, I am confident we will continue to keep our schools safe by being observant, and maintaining open communication between school and home."
LeBlanc's probable cause hearing is set for April 1 in the district court in Newport.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917