Home » News » Public Safety
Campton fire Sunday night on farmhouse roof
CAMPTON – Firefighters responded to a farmhouse fire at 117 Stickney Road Sunday night. The call came in just before 9:30 p.m. as a fire on the roof.
The home is a well-known farmhouse in town sitting on a hill at the top of Stickney Road, said Campton-Thornton Fire and Rescue Fire Chief Daniel Defosses.
Campton-Thornton toned the call out as a first-alarm fire, concerned the roof fire could spread quickly, especially with the wind on the hill, Defosses said.
Campton-Thornton firefighters were able to knock down the fire within minutes.
Firefighters from Woodstock used a ladder truck to remove the affected shingles from the roof. Using a thermal-imaging camera, firefighters detected no heat.
“Basically the fire was out at that point,” Defosses said.
“It was a small fire. Basically what happened there was a chimney fire. It looks like some of the embers from the chimney fell on the shingles and started the roof fire,” Defosses said. “No injuries, very little damage, just a few shingles basically.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Where you go to college could be an issue at the polls - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters