Home » News » Public Safety
Campton fire Sunday night on farmhouse roof
CAMPTON – Firefighters responded to a farmhouse fire at 117 Stickney Road Sunday night. The call came in just before 9:30 p.m. as a fire on the roof.
The home is a well-known farmhouse in town sitting on a hill at the top of Stickney Road, said Campton-Thornton Fire and Rescue Fire Chief Daniel Defosses.
Campton-Thornton toned the call out as a first-alarm fire, concerned the roof fire could spread quickly, especially with the wind on the hill, Defosses said.
Campton-Thornton firefighters were able to knock down the fire within minutes.
Firefighters from Woodstock used a ladder truck to remove the affected shingles from the roof. Using a thermal-imaging camera, firefighters detected no heat.
“Basically the fire was out at that point,” Defosses said.
“It was a small fire. Basically what happened there was a chimney fire. It looks like some of the embers from the chimney fell on the shingles and started the roof fire,” Defosses said. “No injuries, very little damage, just a few shingles basically.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 3
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 3
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 6
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll