Home » News » Public Safety
Campton fire Sunday night on farmhouse roof
CAMPTON – Firefighters responded to a farmhouse fire at 117 Stickney Road Sunday night. The call came in just before 9:30 p.m. as a fire on the roof.
The home is a well-known farmhouse in town sitting on a hill at the top of Stickney Road, said Campton-Thornton Fire and Rescue Fire Chief Daniel Defosses.
Campton-Thornton toned the call out as a first-alarm fire, concerned the roof fire could spread quickly, especially with the wind on the hill, Defosses said.
Campton-Thornton firefighters were able to knock down the fire within minutes.
Firefighters from Woodstock used a ladder truck to remove the affected shingles from the roof. Using a thermal-imaging camera, firefighters detected no heat.
“Basically the fire was out at that point,” Defosses said.
“It was a small fire. Basically what happened there was a chimney fire. It looks like some of the embers from the chimney fell on the shingles and started the roof fire,” Defosses said. “No injuries, very little damage, just a few shingles basically.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone