Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
FBI agent cleared in Fla. shooting— official
The law enforcement official spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of the release on Tuesday of a review of the incident by a Florida prosecutor.
Todashev was an acquaintance of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of two Chechen brothers who prosecutors say carried out the Boston bombings that killed three people and injured more than 260.
The FBI account has been questioned by Todashev’s father, who has said his son was unarmed when he was shot. A Muslim civil liberties group in Florida, the Tampa-based branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, has called for a detailed review of the shooting.
“The Department of Justice’s and the State Attorney’s investigations relied on evidence gathered by the FBI and the only person who can contradict first hand their narrative is dead,” Shibly said in a statement.
The group said U.S. immigration officials were refusing to allow a friend of Todashev, Khusen Taramov, and his two brothers to return to the United States from Russia.
Taramov and his brothers are all permanent U.S. residents, according to Shibly, and traveled to Russia after the shooting to visit family.
Shibly said his group hired a homicide investigator to conduct an independent review of Todashev’s killing last year.
He also found blood splatter and other physical damage at the scene which pointed to Todashev being shot while he was lying on the ground, Shibly said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sugar Hill man pleads guilty to criminal trespassing - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for violating restraining order - 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Total Votes: 917