Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Mercedes driver plows into three Salem police cruisers, injures two officers in pursuit
Luis Figueroa, of 7 Tiffany Road, Apt. 12, Salem, is being held on several charges and a parole violation after setting off a pursuit along Rockingham Park Boulevard at 9:46 p.m. on Friday.
A driver called police complaining that a white Mercedes was all over the road and cut him off at least three times, police said.
Salem police Officer Michael McCarthy located the car along Tiffany Road near the Salem Cross Condominium complex. The driver was passed out at the wheel with his foot on the brake with the vehicle still in drive, police said.
McCarthy had to wake the man up. The driver responded by looking up at McCarthy and speeding away in his car, police said. The officer followed the driver -- later identified as Figueroa -- down a dead-end section of Tiffany Road, police said.
When Figueroa got to the end of the road, he suddenly reversed direction at McCarthy and struck several parked cars, police said.
Figueroa drove around McCarthy and headed northbound through the condominium complex, according to police. Back-up patrol units were responding to the area and attempted to stop the Mercedes.
A second police officer blocked off a narrow travel lane. But Figueroa drove off the road, over a snow embankment and got around the cruiser, police said.
Once the Mercedes got back on the road, it struck another police cruiser head on, police said.
Figueroa accelerated the Mercedes and pushed the cruiser back about 15 feet before dislodging his car and driving at another officer who exited his cruiser, police said. That officer was not struck and able to get back into his patrol car to follow Figueroa, police said.
As Figueroa attempted to leave the complex at the end of Tiffany Road, he struck a second police cruiser on the left corner, and backed into a third police cruiser while attempting to flee the collision, police said.
Figueroa was then taken into custody after a brief struggle with officers, police said.
Police said they found a large plastic bag of Xanax pills stuffed in Figueroa’s pants. He is facing charges of second-degree assault, three counts of reckless conduct, possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute and resisting arrest.
Two Salem police officers suffered minor injuries. They were treated and released from Parkland Medical Center. Three Salem police cruisers suffered significant damage, police said.
Figueroa was also treated at the hospital as a pre-cautionary measure, police said. Police said they expect more charges to be filed against him.
He is being held on a parole violation. Figueroa will be arraigned Monday in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College president, Gov. Hassan promise to punish those involved in Keene riots - 5
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
After riots, soul-searching begins