Rare bird alert
An immature golden eagle was seen hunting wild turkeys in Plainfield on March 17.
A snowy owl was reported from the Hampton area on March 18, and one was reported from Hudson on the 13th.
A female king eider continues to be seen from the Great Island Common area in New Castle and was last reported, along with two purple sandpipers, on March 15. A flock of 10 brant was seen here on the 18th
A red-breasted merganser was seen on the Merrimack River in Nashua on March 15.
An Iceland gull was seen at Field's Grove in Nashua on March 15, and an Iceland gull and a glaucous gull were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 12th.
Two black-backed woodpeckers were reported from the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson on March 19.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Fire Dept. to hold live burn exercise Saturday - 0
- Guns, trash and vandalism spoil Bow wooded area - 0
- Windham charter school group gaining an ally - 0
- Londonderry teen turns to Facebook in the spirit of giving - 0
- Woodland Storybook Walk invites attendees to stroll enchanted forest - 0
- Gundalow donated to Dover park - 0
- Claremont to celebrate manufacturing and jazz roots Sunday at 250th - 0
- Former Windham skate park may become gathering place for seniors - 0
- Manchester event will honor those who have battled pancreatic cancer - 0
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks