Rare bird alert
An immature golden eagle was seen hunting wild turkeys in Plainfield on March 17.
A snowy owl was reported from the Hampton area on March 18, and one was reported from Hudson on the 13th.
A female king eider continues to be seen from the Great Island Common area in New Castle and was last reported, along with two purple sandpipers, on March 15. A flock of 10 brant was seen here on the 18th
A red-breasted merganser was seen on the Merrimack River in Nashua on March 15.
An Iceland gull was seen at Field's Grove in Nashua on March 15, and an Iceland gull and a glaucous gull were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 12th.
Two black-backed woodpeckers were reported from the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson on March 19.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sixth Annual Family Fun & Music Festival this weekend - 0
- Theater provides creative outlet for kids - 0
- Manchester mom turns to crowd funding for daughter's heart surgeries - 0
- Nature Talks: Residents of a vacant lot - 0
- Special Unit M Antlerless Deer Permits Selling Fast - 0
- The Granite State Blues Society presents the 12th Annual Barnful of Blues - 0
- A Concert in a Place with No Space or Time - 0
- Derry Cycling Trio reaches 2000 Mile Mark in Cross Country Adventure - 0
- Loeb School offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop August 7th - 0
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Nature Talks: Residents of a vacant lot
17 Special New Hampshire Picnic Spots
Theater provides creative outlet for kids
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health
Market Basket board: We'll 'evaluate' offer