2 New England College students win national award
Students from member colleges and universities researched, developed and advocated their opinions and positions on current public policy issues. It includes a Letters to an Elected Official competition in which students submit letters proposing innovative solutions to a wide variety of issues.
Their letter began, “We urge you to support and sponsor the House of Representatives (H.R.) Bill 1041…. This bill aims to set a national standard for early childhood education, improve focus on individuals by lowering class sizes and improving student-teacher ratios. The bill also aims to set higher standards and qualifications for teachers while allowing easier access to early childhood education for disadvantaged and Native American students.”
“We’re very proud that our students were among the winners (because) there are some very talented students in all of these colleges” said New England College President Michele Perkins.
Philanthropist Eugene M. Lang founded Project Pericles in 2001. He also founded the I Have Dream Foundation.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 10 legislators to watch in this coming session - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 1
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind