Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Atkinson piano teacher accused of sex assault remains free on bail
John Goodwin, 74, of 23 Academy Lane is charged with a single count of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
The assaults allegedly happened at Goodwin’s home business, Goodwin Music Academy, according to police. The alleged assaults continued until about May 1, 2005, according to a court complaint.
Goodwin was ordered by a judge to have no contact with anyone under the age of 17, including the alleged victim in the case, according to court records.
Police said after Goodwin’s arrest that they were looking into whether the boy was the only victim. Goodwin was still operating his music business at his home when he was arrested.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” Brackett said. “At this point, we don’t have any additional charges.” Police said when they arrived at Goodwin’s home to arrest him in February, he became unresponsive. Goodwin had to taken by ambulance to Exeter Hospital for evaluation, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 11
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 2
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 1
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Physician reprimanded after baby’s brain damaged in delivery - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483