Home » News » Public Safety
Area firefighters save Nottingham home after chimney fire spreads
NOTTINGHAM – A family of four was able to escape after an early morning fire struck their home along Stage Road.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:46 a.m. Monday after smoke and carbon monoxide alarms sounded at 388 Stage Road.
Firefighter John Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire began in the chimney from the pellet stove, which the family used until about 11 p.m. the night before. He added the fire then spread to the nearby wall.
Local crews were assisted by firefighters form Barrington, Deerfield and Northwood. Raymond firefighters provided station coverage, according to Ballhardt.
The fire was under control by 3 a.m.
Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire, which caused minor damage to the home, was accidental.
He said two adults and two children who lived at the home were unharmed.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'