Home » News » Public Safety
Fire ravages Cornish home
Firefighters responded to 300 Center Road at 12:31 p.m., Cornish Fire Chief Scott Reuthe said Monday night.
When firefighters arrived, they found “the side toward the road was completely engulfed in flames on the outside,” Reuthe said of the home.
Investigators from the state Fire Marshal’s Office spent three hours investigating the cause of the blaze.
Preliminary findings indicate an improperly disposed of cigarette at the front door, underneath the front deck, caused the fire, Reuthe said.
They were alerted to the blaze because of working smoke detectors in the house, and were able to get out safely, Reuthe said.
Along with first-alarm mutual aid responders Plainfield and Meriden, fire crews came from Claremont and Vermont, including Ascutney, West Windsor and Windsor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'