Home » News » Public Safety
Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash
Aaron E. Brown, 37, died from injuries sustained in the crash about 1:15 a.m., according to Fish and Game.
Brown was operating a snowmobile on private property behind a residence at 991 Province Road when the accident occurred, according to authorities.
Brown, accompanied by a friend on a separate snowmobile, was riding on a private trail around a small pond. When he reached an earthen dam several hundred yards long, Brown reportedly accelerated in a rapid manner along a trail on the top of the dam, according to Fish and Game. Brown failed to negotiate a right-hand turn at the end of the dam and collided with several trees, authorities said.
Brown was wearing a helmet at the time.
Fish and Game conservation officers responded to the scene along with personnel from the Barnstead police and fire departments, as well as a representative from the state Medical Examiner’s Office.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test