Home » News » Public Safety
Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash
Aaron E. Brown, 37, died from injuries sustained in the crash about 1:15 a.m., according to Fish and Game.
Brown was operating a snowmobile on private property behind a residence at 991 Province Road when the accident occurred, according to authorities.
Brown, accompanied by a friend on a separate snowmobile, was riding on a private trail around a small pond. When he reached an earthen dam several hundred yards long, Brown reportedly accelerated in a rapid manner along a trail on the top of the dam, according to Fish and Game. Brown failed to negotiate a right-hand turn at the end of the dam and collided with several trees, authorities said.
Brown was wearing a helmet at the time.
Fish and Game conservation officers responded to the scene along with personnel from the Barnstead police and fire departments, as well as a representative from the state Medical Examiner’s Office.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 3
School's out for voters