Home » News » Public Safety
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
A New Hampshire State police cruiser guards a crash scene, the site of a police-involved shooting Wednesday night (Pat Grossmith/Union Leader)
The prosecutor overseeing the case, Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell, would not address questions about Cox and Nadeau. To identify subjects of an open investigation is to subject them to rank speculation, she said.
Authorities have said that two officers fired their weapons in the Aug. 14 killing of Alex Cora DeJesus, 35, at Lanctot's Plaza on Route 114. Authorities have said the shooting took place during a botched undercover drug operation.
Immediately after the shooting, authorities placed the two officers who fired their weapons on leave but would not identify them. Early last month, prosecutors from the Attorney General's Office named all five officers who participated in the undercover drug operation.
Earlier this year, Velleca said overtime has ballooned in his department; he brought the two officers back for administrative work starting in November. The two are sent on calls in case of emergencies, the chief said.
Nadeau first saw overtime on his Dec. 26 paycheck and has received it sporadically since then.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride