Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93
Biting Powers could land McGurk in state prison for two to five years if he is convicted by a jury, according to court documents.
He is expected to waive arraignment on the new assault charge in Rockingham County Superior Court on Wednesday.
Powers first stopped along the Interstate 93 to assist McGurk because he was struggling to get his car started, according to prosecutors.
McGurk told police he did not have his wallet with him and went looking for documents in his vehicle, but Powers noticed that McGurk had a wallet in his back pocket, prosecutors said.
The trooper chased him down and tackled him, and had used his Taser and pepper sprayed as the two struggled along the roadside.
State troopers and Salem police found Powers along the interstate a short time later. They tracked McGurk's footprints through the snow leading them to a home on Brady Avenue in Salem where a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am had just been stolen, prosecutors said. McGurk was found two days later staying at a motel in Massachusetts just a short distance from where the car was abandoned in a Marshall's store parking lot, prosecutors said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917