Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93
Biting Powers could land McGurk in state prison for two to five years if he is convicted by a jury, according to court documents.
He is expected to waive arraignment on the new assault charge in Rockingham County Superior Court on Wednesday.
Powers first stopped along the Interstate 93 to assist McGurk because he was struggling to get his car started, according to prosecutors.
McGurk told police he did not have his wallet with him and went looking for documents in his vehicle, but Powers noticed that McGurk had a wallet in his back pocket, prosecutors said.
The trooper chased him down and tackled him, and had used his Taser and pepper sprayed as the two struggled along the roadside.
State troopers and Salem police found Powers along the interstate a short time later. They tracked McGurk's footprints through the snow leading them to a home on Brady Avenue in Salem where a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am had just been stolen, prosecutors said. McGurk was found two days later staying at a motel in Massachusetts just a short distance from where the car was abandoned in a Marshall's store parking lot, prosecutors said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483